2nd Day in Siwa

2nd day of Siwa, we mada safari, Sand boarding & went on a camp in the dessert. In the middle of no where between dunes, you can find the camp, watch shooting stars clearly, in order to go to the bathroom you had to do it like a cat when she starts digging in the sand. I learnt how to put up the tent, people would gather beside the fire telling stories or singing traditional songs. I wore three layers, entered the tent & hid in the sleeping bag like a caterpillar, but I couldn't sleep, freezing to the extent you can hear my teeth hitting each other, I started not to feel anything shake... From the cold I felt my mind is passing out then all I can remember the group saw my tent shaking they grabbed me out covered me in a big blanket & put me next to the fire till we left the other day. 
Due to this harsh experience, you get to count the blessings you have, imagine the people lived by the prophet's era how did they really lived through this, I couldn't stand one day..it makes you reconsider lotta goals in your life & feel some are worthless.
The cutest & weirdest attachment happened with me was a 5 year old boy called Salman. He would join me to breakfast & leave his parents, invite me to share the tent, look for me around & everyone can see he won't allow anyone to hold even his hands but me. While we were in the tent, telling him a bed time story, he then told me "Aren't you upset? I said why? The trip will be done & each one of us will go home, I was like "damn I can't handle such heart breaking stuff". I don't think I can be a mommy. 
Positive side out of this, I knew new people, you can find a newspaper reporter, a lawyer in a bank, fresh graduates, married couples from a computer science major, physician girl lived in Spain, Biochemist in petroleum company, freelancer, a family with the toddlers, even you get to know more about the kites guys they founded this company & opened another start up & still trying to make their way despite what is going around us in society....each one of us had the same goal to come wash all our problems & stop thinking about what will happen next in our lives ...just to enjoy. I caught a bad cold & fever but still am not letting those days go to waste. 

Comments

Popular Posts