1st day ...Siwa

I came back from Aswan, slept the entire day at home when I woke up ... I was like " am still on vacation, are you going to stay at home?...Nop, then as per my bucketlist, I didn't want to spend the new year's eve in Cairo, so, I surfed the internet for events then found this "Siwa Event with kites" ... The next thing know that I was in the bus the same day travelling alone with a group of people I don't even know ...which is thrilling!.
Since this is my first pop-up experience going on vacation alone somewhere, I will write about it till am back to Cairo.
So, let's see I went to a nice island called Fotnas, where you get amazed by the view of sunset & surrounded by the lake. Siwa people talk "Amaziri language", it is an ancient language where people lived in Libia, Morocco & Tunis spoke...believe me you won't get a word when you hear it. They are 10 tribes, ruled by 10 sheikh and one of them like living far away alone. The streets are simple, the houses made out of clay, they create lamps out of salt, you won't see a single woman or girl walking around anywhere. I knew that the girls can go to schools till 5th grade then they get engaged ... They are not exposed to the outer world. We rode bikes, where you can go through the quiet roads, the feeling of being free to check around with no one bothering you was amazing. The group I travelled with have 3 siblings, toddlers, they tested me what kind of games do I know & even challenged me to some, another level of discussions on topics I have been lacking...How would I, the youngest person in my house is way taller & graduated from college. Also, there is a guy who started working & had a restaurant by the Nile with his siblings then after the revolution it was taken ...he didn't give up & worked as an employee in a petroleum company but also, after the rise of the dollar everything went down & he resigned couple days ago then he decided to join his Kite Egypt friends ... He doesn't know what else will happen but he decided to live the moment now & forget about his troubles till the end of the trip. There is Girl called Hanan travelling with her brother, she has been doing Masters in Spain & its her first time to travel on Vacation within Egypt ... and she will help me practice speaking spanish.
Well, Time for bed now ... To be continued.

Comments

Popular Posts