A Foolish Man Buys Shoes - Chinese Tale

In the past there lived a foolish man in a small kingdom called Zheng. One day he wanted to buy himself a pair of new shoes. He measured his feet with a ruler first and wrote down his size. But he was in such a hurry to set out that he left it at home.
When he arrived at a shoe shop, he felt in the pocket only to find that it was not there. So he said apologetically, 'I have left the measurement at home and don't know the size. I'll fetch it in one minute.' With these words he hurried off as fast as his legs could carry him.
He ran back home, found it and then to the shop again. But still it took him quite a while and the shop was already closed then, and the shoemaker had packed up all of his shoes to take them home. He had gone to all this trouble for nothing and did not get his shoes.
Then shoemaker asked him, 'Did you want to buy the shoes for yourself or someone else?' 'For myself, of course.' he answered. '"Foolish man, why didn’t you just try the shoes on by yourself?”
The man hung his head shamefully.  "I guess I only believed there was one way to solve my problem.  I should have thought to check with others for another solution that might have worked as well or better than my own."

From my point of view
There might be other ways to solve your problem. Also, sometimes things can be much simpler and the solution is in front of your eyes and you block it by making things not easy. Not all the time Life is vague and not all the time Life is clear like crystal, all you need to do to find out is focus correctly.

Comments

  1. Thank you for your thoughts - and efforts to share them.

    Roger Poe GC at gmail

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts