My favorites from Rumi

"I once had a thousand desires, but in my one desire to know you all else melted away"

"Silence is the sound of God, all else is poor translation"

"Open your hands, if you want to be held"

"Look for the answer inside your question"

"What hurts you blesses you. Darkness is your candle"

"The art of knowing is knowing what to ignore"

"Keep knocking the door & the joy inside will eventually open a window & look out to see who's there"

"Through love thorns become roses"

"I smile like a flower not only with my lips  but with my whole being"

"You've seen my descent. Now watch my rising"

"Your task is not to seek for love but merely to seek all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it"

"The moon stays bright when it doesn't avoid the night"

"Be a lamp, a lifeboat, a ladder. Help someone's soul heal. Walk out of your house like a Shepherd."

"Sing like the birds sing not worrying about who hears or what they think"

"Set your life on fire, seek those who fan your flames"

Comments

Popular Posts