Awakening!

I have been thinking lately why do we have to at some point of time feel lost and depressed. Based on my experience lately, after being a very positive lady to the extent that my friends were annoyed by it... I slipped unexpectedly and lost my way to the top for quite sometime. I forgot how to glow and the value of being alive!.

Some studies said it is normal to reach this phase, when you are approaching to your thirties, some said it is the nature of the society. Most of the people in Egypt are shocked after graduation because they face reality and many obligations all of a sudden unlike western countries. They have trust issues, get overwhelmed and do lotta choices they don't want by choosing a job or a partner that help them define their own self because they are scared or because that is what everyone tried before.

Most get scared from confrontation, scared from digging deep to find their own void. What if he/she reached it, but couldn't find a way out, what if my brain went around on and on in circles, and yet no way out. Always the common answer is taking the risk of doing something you never knew to find any answer but not all are ready or want to do it.

I know Egypt is really hard to live in but is the answer to be disconnected from the society, media, family ...because the bad news are more than the good ones? I focused lately a lot on my work, but what if I died tomorrow, what is the most valuable moment am proud of ? Did I enjoy this moment? Did I at least made someone smile in a dark one? Does it even matter?. They say "the one you were yesterday, the one you are now and the one you will be are three different persons". Maybe it is true, maybe not. Who cares!

If it is inevitable to reach that point in your life sooner or later, then it is just an upgrade you need to add up on the best version of yourself but you better hold on to it when you walk out through that storm.

Comments

Popular Posts