A thought that raise my ire

Each year at this time I always had this thought makes me grit my teeth and maybe slam a cup of coffee down if I had one in my hand at that time. So, I decided to write it down and try to work it out as a change.
My thought is: “I hate the international/Arabic orphan day”. Why do we have to remind each year those human beings that are something or someone they need in their lives is missing?! Since my current residence is in Egypt, mostly my impression will be about the celebrations that happen around me here. All celebrities like movie stars, football stars, religious leaders, etc go share by visiting the orphans. The news spread in the journals or on TV. Maybe some of them shoot a show or take a photo or two when he/she in the orphanage. Anyone outside the picture maybe thinks that is kind and a wonderful scene but I think its nonsense. But in any interview, have they looked in the orphans’ eyes for real to see if this smile is a real one or just a mask to get out of the ditch they stuck them into. Have they really asked them what they really want?
  Wouldn’t be better if we just cancelled this irrational day and naming? If you really do care about the greater good, like to help others whatever their circumstances, and make a difference in your community, you have the whole year (365 days) to make one. Not just one day to remember your duty in life and ruin others’ in it by make their misery last for days or maybe years. You can make a foundation to adapt whether for orphans, poor people, illiterate people, unemployed people and certain sick people. Provide the needy with shelters without providing an admission about it, you’ll find it much better.
Another thought that irritated me these days, everyone knows that “The mother day” passed by. I don’t like this occasion too not that I don’t appreciate my mom’s effort but because the things that happen that day. What’s the meaning of celebrating with the mothers of martyrs; they have lost their children people! Even if they lost them for an honorable cause but still it’s the same. Also, reminding those who lost their moms or dads. When I have friends are in this situation, I just feel helpless and it really makes me angry because I know no matter what I do it won’t make them feel better.
To sum up, all I need to say maybe there was a good intention by symbolizing a day for a common good action towards orphans. Maybe those who want to help will feel better, I am with you, it feels nice but try to think about the feelings about those you help them too. Most of them feel comfortable with their privacy in their own den. We all have to respect that.

Comments

Popular Posts